Happy National Pancake Day! (With recipe!)
What better way to celebrate the National Pancake Day on the 5th of March, after a good nights sleep, with breakfast in bed! Here is our best recipe for thin, light and delicious Danish pancakes:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon with vanilla sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. Mix the dry ingredients before stirring it in with the batter. Mix well and cover with cling film and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium heat. Stir batter well and pour a little batter into center of pan so it spreads thinly. Quickly lift, tilt and rotate pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn pancake and cook 15-20 seconds longer or until bottom is cooked. Remove to a wire rack.
- Top each pancake with 3 tablespoons ice cream. Roll up; top with berries, preferably blueberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Top Travel Tips and Beauty Essentials with Entrepreneur, Model and Presenter, Caroline Fleming
Danish power woman, Caroline Fleming, has spent her life juggling various entrepreneurial ventures and there is certainly a lot we can learn from the former host of Denmark's Next Top Model and The Baroness Moves in. A model and TV presenter, Fleming is also the mastermind behind the line of hosiery and home wear label "Beautiful Legs" and "Beautiful Body," as well as being a phenomenal and passionate cook, publishing three best-selling Danish cookbooks and English cookbook Cook Yourself Happy. No wonder we're keen to hear how she balances her family life, health, travel and work!